Feb 20, 2018
We were thrilled to get the chance to talk about Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju with Giancarlo on the Subtitled Anime podcast! In this episode we get emotional (and analytical) about this brilliant show laden with themes of identity, family and the artist. Enjoy this episode and check out the rest of the Subtitled Anime podcast!
******HUGE SPOILERS FOR ALL OF SHOUWA GENROKU RAKUGO SHINJUU Seasons 1 & 2********
Original Episode Shownotes:
Welcome to The Subtitled Podcast, a biweekly anime podcast hosted by Giancarlo Navas with a rotating panel of members from around the anime community.
In this episode Giancarlo is joined by Danny and K in discussions that involve:
• Rakugo and its race for AOTY
• Discussions about Rakugo's central themes and prodcution
• How gender is portrayed in Rakugo
• Gianni shares his experience watching the Silent Voice dub
• K and Danny tell Gianni about "reverend Vic Migniona"
• Gianni volunteers why he loves Eupho
… and so much more
_ _ _ _ _
Link to the Silent Voice video on composition
Rakugo video on death
@animeislitpod and email: email@example.com